Re: reserve entity_class myEntity

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM, herman vierendeels
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to reserve new class in entity_class.
> Namely , myEntity, meaning my own company. So i can stock much more
> info about me than is possible now in defaults table.
>
> Can i do this by adapting  sql/Pg-database.sql ?
> INSERT INTO entity_class (id,class) VALUES (7,'myEntity');
>
> I would also like to reserve string in defaults:
> Can i do this by adding to  sql/Pg-database.sql
> \COPY defaults FROM stdin WITH DELIMITER '|'
> myEntity|to be filled with entity_class.id

Let's use 0 instead of 7.

My reasoning is that 0 is a special number, and it's immediately
distinct from the others, thus avoiding misunderstandings later.
Similarly this is a special entity, distinct from the others.  All
positive integers can be then seen as external entities, 0 is an
internal one, and negative numbers are reserved for test cases.