Packaging LedgerSMB

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 02:44 -0400, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> > Speaking of which, why aren't we using perl Makefile.PL ? It's a Perl
> > program, and the command is used for the generic install?
>
> I can't answer your question as I have not worked on packaging ledger-smb
> but I would not wait for the answer to go ahead and use it if it works.
>
> dh(1) will even pick it up automatically.

    Since changing debian/rules over to using dh, I've again attempted
to use that more and I think the issue is that the install target for
the generated Makefile doesn't actually install all of the necessary
files. Like the various *.pl files in the top level source directory,
which I think are assumed to be staying where they are, and/or manually
installed where the admin wants them to run from.  (The RPM spec file
does not use it, & also installs to /usr/share/ledgersmb for those types
of files.)

Jame