Re: Possible Add-on?

On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 11:56:42PM +0100, H?vard S?rli wrote:

> Yes. This is interesting. Your update bots could be a good starting
> point for others.
>
> Do you have some connection to CAD software ?
>
> If this could be integrated with FreeCads Arch module and project
> budgeting I think we have a winner..
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Arch_Module

No, I don't use CAD software. Most of the work I do now basically involves lots of little
detailed custom sections or something like a complicated roof design.
Since I've done a fair amount of roofs, it just involves getting a feel for the structure in
my head ( I can see an entire house in head just looking at the plans or my design).
So basically it's just doing the math for rafter and hip lengths.

I didn't think anyone would want the bots, but I'll also upload those in the spot in my next message.
Of course, I have to make small changes regularly, but some vendors have 'stable' websites so those never change.
Just lots f regexes to sift out the good stuff amongst all the crap! :)

Chris Bennett