Payment date of AR/AP item before open-item creation date

Hi,

The other day while testing, I was entering a backdated payment.
Accidentally, I selected an AR item which hadn't even been created by
the date of the posting.

The system happily cleared the item. However, I think that's wrong: I
think the payment should have landed on the overpayments account while
waiting for the AR item to come into existence on the posting date
timeline. Then, the overpayment will be used to clear the open item on
its creation date. Both the overpayment and the clearing trasaction
can be created at the actual time when inputting the payment into the
system, of course.

Does this sound like a better approach and a requirement for when
we'll rewrite the AR/AP logic?

Bye,

Erik.