Re: Web Services API: URL naming proposal

Just one brief note so there are no misunderstandings:

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Håvard Sørli <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 21. nov. 2011 06:33, John Locke wrote:
>  > In many ways, the web application front end is a model for other
>  > applications that might call the web service -- ideally everything in
>  > the web application should be reflected in the web service.
> Yes, yes,  :-))
>
>  > Well, server-to-server is certainly the first step. And easiest to adapt
>  > to just about any interface we develop. But today we're doing most web
>  > services for iOS or Android apps. Think about the POS or an inventory
>  > module being available as an app for an Android phone.
>
> SMB ERP as platform ....

Absolutely.  ERP to be viable *must* be a platform.  The questions I
think we have been debating is whether it makes sense to make all
aspects of that platform usable over HTTP.

To the extent there is any disagreement, it is narrow.  I doubt anyone
here believes that we shouldn't be shooting for LedgerSMB as a
platform of which the web application is little more than a sample of
what it can do.  To the extent there is any disagreement left, it is
*how* to go about creating a great platform, not if.