Re: Proposed financial schema for financial info

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

> Thanks for confirming the sanity of my workflow. Today, I'm trying to
> invoice another customer with a different requirement: this one wants
> to see a cost center on his invoice. I imagine the next one coming up
> wanting a project id and a cost center or maybe other identifiers to
> internally identify the validity of the invoice.
>
> I'd like to present these numbers in the invoice. Rather than
> presenting them in a 'notes' section, I'd like to present them in a
> section containing 'their reference data'. What do you say to that
> idea?

There are hooks that will have to be changed in 1.4 for this, if we
get to reinventing the invoice section.  To create the custom field,
run:
SELECT * FROM create_custom_field('ar', 'cost_center', 'text'); --
text is the only type supported.

Then when you create a cost center field, on your form it will be
automatically populated and saved.  I believe it should be present in
the template too if you want as <?lsmb cost_center ?>.