Re: Proposed financial schema for financial info

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 01:22:56PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
> > One of my customers requires me to use *their* PO number to be on the
> > invoice. They use it to link the digital and physical information
> > flows: the physical invoice never actually reaches my contacts -
> > instead it's being processed by a central processing office. Without
> > that number, they can't link the invoice to the right file. Without
> > that number, I won't be paid.
>
> Ok, so question for everyone:  Should the PO number field be on the
> header or the invoice line item?  I am thinking for now just to add it
> to the header (since that is the way it's done right now) because it
> is easier to go the to the other from here if we need to.
>
> But that still does bring up the question:  Should client PO's map at
> most 1:1 to invoices? or should we allow an invoice to invoice
> delivery of goods and services off multiple PO's?  If in doubt, I
> think we should keep the current behavior for now while we evaluate,
> but want to get feedback.....

FWIW, I think that client PO numbers should appear in the notes. It's
the invoice of the vendor after all, so anything which the client wants
is secondary to the vendor's audit trail.

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107