Re: ledger-smb 1.3 UI utf-8 multi-byte characters e.g. french accented characters as éçà etc

Hello Chris,

Yes, i am talking about html-templates.
Until now, i have not found any html-template with multi-byte
characters in ledgersmb.
But in the future, multi-byte characters might turn up into the
html-templates for one reason or another.
So we might better be prepared.
 I stumbled upon this problem while trying to understand the template system.
 So i put some french accented characters in the login.html.
as:
        '<?lsmb text('Password')?>:');">
tshvr4 test éèçà login.html
        <center>

Altough utf8-encoding is specified in the template,
subroutine  _decode_unicode  in package Template::Provider (in
/usr/lib/perl5/Template/Provider.pm) does not know this
when physically reading the file.
(it does not use binmode on reading the file : my $text = <$name>;)

It bases its encoding decision on an eventual BOM found or on the
parameter ENCODING
($self->{ ENCODING     } = $params->{ ENCODING };)
But can we influence this parameter from ledgersmb?
So i resolved it by letting gvim-editor write a bom-signature to the
beginning of the file.

I hope this is a bit clear?

Best wishes,
Herman