Re: ledger-smb 1.3 UI utf-8 multi-byte characters e.g. french accented characters as éçà etc

Hi Herman;

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 2:50 AM, herman vierendeels
<..hidden..> wrote:
> I would like to share my experience concerning the display of
> multi-byte utf-8 characters.
>
> I was trying to adapt  UI/login.html to my needs with french accented
> characters.
> But 3 multi-bytes (e.g. éèà) where displalyed as 6 individual characters .
>
> the bottom-line is that html-files , like UI/login.html e.g. ,
> containing multi-byte utf-8 characters , should be written to disk
> with
> a "byte order mark"   BOM at the start of Unicode files.

You are talking specifically about the html templates here like
UI/login.html, right?

If so, what's the best way of setting this in the file?  I could write
some tests to ensure we don't miss any going forward and modify the
templates we do have.....

> reason: subroutine  _decode_unicode  in package Template::Provider
> checks for this !!!
>
> Maybe a notice concerning  "byte order mark" could be dropped in ./doc/faq.html
> under item
> Check also that html-files ,containing  multi-byte utf-8 characters,
> are written to disk with appropriate "byte order mark" or BOM.
>
> With vim, you can do this by:
> set bomb

We specify UTF-8 encoding in the templates so my thinking is if it is
not working properly we need to make it work.