Re: Proposal for file attachment API

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Chris Travers wrote:

CREATE TABLE file_storage (
content bytea,
mime_type int,
id serial not null unique,
PRIMARY KEY (content, mime_type),
);

Aside from everything:

Should mime_type be an int?  What are you going to be putting in it?

How can we be sure that the referent of that int doesn't change at some later date?

Looking at uses of mime types in other applications: there are those that get them from /etc/mime.types or similar. Those are not indexed.
We can't do that of course, so where are we getting them?

Is there some ISO standard index of MIME types that I don't know about?

Luke