Proposal (for 1.4): change source tree layout

Hi,

Some months ago, I've mentioned this to Chris: I'd like to change the source tree layout. Currently our top level contains documentation, code and installation hints, all mixed in one directory. I'd like to "disentangle" that. I'd like to create a "src" or "ledgersmb" (or lsmb) subdirectory of trunk/; that directory should hold the scripts currently in the toplevel directory, as well as the subdirectories holding code, templates, etc. In other words: the entire application.

Other subdirectories won't be moved to that directory, such as doc/, tools/  and maybe others: those directories which are not strictly part of the application - tests could be stored either way, but probably should be at the top level, if that's technically an option.

What I'm trying to achieve it a less crowded toplevel directory which stores some general overview documents and other information *everybody* needs, but nothing else. That should help newbee users as well as developers get up and running quickly.

Comments?

Oh. As for timing: I'd like to do it as soon as 1.3 branches for the 1.3.0 release.

Bye,

Erik.