Re: Employee search question for 1.3

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi, Chris,
>
> The current defaults look reasonable to me... possibly adding the email
> field. If this can be changed in the database (as it sounds like you've
> set up), that should be fine to start.

Actually currently there is no email column on the new code.  We could
add one though but this poses an issue to be discussed.

One of the huge differences between 1.3 and 1.2 is that an employee,
customer, or vendor can have any number of email addresses, postal
addresses for sales/shipping (but only one address for billing), phone
numbers, etc.  If we want to display this info, how do we choose what
to display?  I suppose we could just display every email address,
phone number, etc.

> However, I'm not getting correct data when I do a search... Maybe this
> is an update issue -- I ran the upgrade/3297-employee_changes.sql and
> upgrade/3299-person_functions.sql scripts, but the result of a search is
> a table with Number, Startdate and Role showing up but all the rest of
> the columns blank. And Number is blank on the most recent employee I
> added...

You are still hitting the old code.  SVN 3302 (iirc) and the
3302-menu_changes.sql correct that issue.