Re: Employee search question for 1.3

Ok. Ran across a different issue related to the new tax account stuff,
that might be related.

LedgerSMB::DBObject provides an object wrapper around stored functions
-- when called with a method that is not populated in the class
definition, it looks for a stored function of that name, and then parses
the parameters that function takes and populates a query with those
properties on the object itself.

The problem is when there are multiple functions with the same name, but
a different parameter signature. I had two different account__save
functions in my database, and the DBObject was picking the old one with
fewer parameters. After deleting that, I got the new updated function.
And of course, since the signature had changed, CREATE OR UPDATE
FUNCTION didn't delete the old one.

So our upgrade functionality does need to delete any functions that have
a changed signature.

I'm guessing that's why this employee search isn't working for me -- I
don't have two employee__search functions, but I am seeing a handful of
other functions that have two different signatures...

Cheers,
John Locke
http://freelock.com