Taxation: 1.3 regresses wrt 1.2 according to the manual?

Hi Chris, all,

John Locke said he didn't get how the taxation system is supposed to
work in 1.3. Reading the manual, I see that the 1.3 taxation system is
a stripped down version of 1.2. Is that still the case? If so, I think
we should make that very clear before releasing 1.3, if we're not
going to do anything about it. Sure: we can address that as an add-on.
I'm fine with that, but maybe that add-on should come with a release
date if it's not available when we do 1.3, assuming the extended tax
system adds real value over the 'simple' version that comes with 1.3
already.

Does the manual document the extended or the simple version? Anyway,
from reading the manual, I'm not getting the idea 1.3 matches the
documentation :-)

What's there to be done?

Bye,

Erik.