Updating 1.3 RFC and small bugs

Hi,

After a couple weeks away from bookkeeping, doing some catchup now. Just pulled down the latest trunk, and merged them in.

I see the new sql/upgrade directory, which strikes me as a great direction to go. I like the naming of sql update scripts with svn id, and I'd like to take it one step further: keep a value in the "defaults" table for the latest db updates.

I just did the following:

INSERT INTO defaults VALUES ('schema_version', '3273');

... since that looks like the largest svn id with a change under sql.

As the first part of scripting updates, it would be really great to have each schema change dropped into an update sql script in sql/upgrade, with the svn id in the file name. And part of the script would be updating the schema_version in defaults (which should get initially set in Pg-database.sql).

I just spent 2 hours applying schema updates... would be so much easier to just import a few sql files. (granted, much of that was fixing underlying data issues uncovered by adding unique keys...).

Part 2: Issues I'm hitting.

Just trying to jot down the things I'm hitting today:

Issue 1: Permission needed on partstax relation.

Repro: 1. update menu_acl system, regenerate roles file, re-import roles. Go to Goods and Services -> Reports -> All Parts, find an existing part. Attempt to add an existing tax to the part. Result:

Error!

DELETE FROM partstax WHERE parts_id = ?
ERROR: permission denied for relation partstax

... Looks like lsmb_<dbname>__part_create needs to be granted delete on partstax...

Issue 2: AR -> Customers -> Search is case-sensitive. Change search function to use ~ or ILIKE instead of LIKE.

More to come...

Cheers,
John