Re: State of Perl-based database setup utilities for LedgerSMB 1.3

I definitely agree with that.  I think I said things to that effect in an email yesterday, but not so explicitly:
Stop worrying about install scripts, because every distro pkg format will require major adaptation anyway.
And, as you just pointed out, figuring out how to package a piece of software is excellent quality control exercise in and of itself.
-Adam