Re: State of Perl-based database setup utilities for LedgerSMB 1.3

On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:23:30 -0500
Adam Thompson <..hidden..> wrote:

> My point was that effectively, because of the way installs work right
> now, build deps and installed deps are the same thing.  If it's
> impossible to install without building something anyway then relying
> on make is presently OK.

Yes, sure, but I think a worthy goal is a version of LedgerSMB that
can be packaged as a deb or RPM package.  I've been through the wars
of building binary packages for Debian, Fedora, Red Hat and (bleh)
Solaris and I find that preparing a piece of software for packaging
can improve it and clarify dependencies.

Regards,

David.