user creation rfc

Hi all;

I have gone through the patch queue and applied those which are safe
to apply.  A few conflicted with more recent changes.  In those cases,
I have generally looked at functional differences where I can.

I have a few patches which cannot be applied as such, but represent
needed changes in the application.  These will be re-engineered and
applied perhaps tomorrow with one exception.

The exception has to do with user creation where the desired username
is not a LedgerSMB user but is a db cluster user in PostgreSQL.

Currently we refuse to create the user when this happens.  This is the
default safe approach.  We have a patch to change this behavior so
that it will import an existing user.  This makes a lot of sense in
some environments (multiple companies on one db cluster, same
bookkeepers), but it is dangerous in others (managed hosting
environments).  The concern I have is that it may be a case of
accidently giving one user permission to another database without
warning.  On the other hand, sometimes that is desired behavior.

What I'd propose is that we leave current behavior unchanged and then
set up the patched routines as an add-on for 1.3.

Any feedback?