Re: Can't Save Preferences

Hi Chris

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Chris Travers wrote:

Having looked at it, your sense here appears to be correct.  Try the
attached patch and let me know how it works for you in terms of:

1)  Users already existing that you re-save in the admin.pl interface and
2)  New users you create.

First of all, the patch works to let me change preferences for extant users.

However, whether you change employee to have a login with the @ version, or create a new user with the @ version, as soon as that user logs in, a new employee table entry (with a new ID) is created, without the @.
Nothing in the address field.

So, if you create:

a@b

then check employee, you will have a login of:

a@b

If a@b then logs in, you will have an employee table with logins of:

a@b

The one with the @ version is the one which receives name updates; the one without the @ doesn't change.
The users_conf table elements do get correctly updated.

After login, the user under "version" appears as the non-at-signed version.
Before the patch, an @ user appeared with its rhs.

We can keep at this, or you can declare that @ is an invalid character for usernames, install code to disallow it, and I will change all my usernames. Probably not many LSMB users were using that feature anyway, since it never worked as it did in SL.

Luke