Re: Can't Save Preferences

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Chris Travers wrote:

Could the fact that the login in the table is "user", but the login used
to log in is "user@co" be relevant?

My reading of the code says that this would cause the problem.

Can you direct me to the code in question?

What you seem to be saying, is that if I change the username at the admin.pl level, this problem might go away, yes?

Even if that is so, and while that is a simplish fix, are you sure there is no workaround in the code?

Originally, in SL, you could have users like:

A@X
B@X
A@Z
C@Z

Now, you could log in as "A@Z", and be logged in. However, if you logged in as "A", you would get a set of choices for "Z" and "X".

Under LSMB, while "A@Z" still works, "A" doesn't work to get you choices of company. I don't know why, but I thought that was a shame when I discovered it a couple years ago, because I used to use that feature heavily.

Is this issue linked to what I am experiencing now--some change in the code that broke them both?

Luke