Required by dates on order templates

I don't often have to print sales orders, so never noticed this previously.

In invoices, I have delivery dates show up on line items.

To get the same behavior on sales orders, I was trying to use the variable "recdate", which was the proper variable according to the SQL-Ledger 2.6 manual (there is not a variable summary in the LSMB manual that I found in some quick searching, and the old SL manual usually applies in such cases).

Well, I finally found something in OE.PM (lines 1183-1194), which references a variable called "requiredate".

Why was this changed?
I'm guessing it was to be consistent with the "deliverydate" of invoices?

Luke