Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 released, notes about LedgerSMB compatibility

Here's a preliminary report on LedgerSMB 1.2 and PostgreSQL 9.

First off, I have not found any problems running this combination in a
series of operations I expected to be most problematic.  Everything
seems to be running as expected.  There are, however, a few minor
differences that are worth documenting.

First, PLPGSQL comes standard with new db's in Pg 9.  This means that
while the db "superuser" login for the db setup routine must still
have permission to create the db, it no longer needs to be a superuser
proper.  As long as the user can create databases, the routines will
work properly.

This means one CAN use a user like "ledgersmb" (with create database
permissions) as both the user and superuser in that database creation
wizard.  No errors occur due to the fact that we try to create a
language that already exists in the db.

Otherwise I haven't found any other differences.  I am willing to say
Pg 9 is supported for 1.2 at this point, but that the documentation
should be adjusted to note the above changes for future releases.

Any other feedback?