Re: Upcoming 2.0 of LedgerSMB

Joshua D. Drake <jd@...> writes:
> > The migration to git would be most welcome. Would it not be better to make a
> > clean* svn to git conversion one time in the near future?
>
> We aren't migrating the SVN. SVN will be for 1.3 and below only. 2.0 is
> a clean cut.

I like a clean respository as much as the next guy, but I don't understand the
advantage here.

There is an existing codebase with pre-LedgerSMB copyright for portions that
will be removed over time. It may be that there isn't a single original DWS line
remaining. If one objective (of several possibly competing objectives) to track
those portions and their confirmed exit from the codebase, Isn't the surest way
to preserve the history in the repository?

Jeff