Re: Upcoming 2.0 of LedgerSMB

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010, David F. Skoll wrote:

We *need* at least as an option to provide simple, easy to modify,
preferably from the browser, templates.

How many people have asked for that?  (Just curious.)

I don't know, but I lost one significant corporate customer in part because of it.

So I for one support the idea at least, although I'm not sold on CSS being the way to go about it.

The chances of Sue the template editing employee knowing CSS are only slightly better than her knowing Tex.

I don't know if there is a good answer to this--perhaps an ajax template editor, maybe along the ckEdit or similar lines? Sue could certainly be expected to use something like that. Power users could bypass the editor, and work on the template Tex or CSS or whatever directly, if Sue couldn't get the job done in a wysiwyg editor.

I would like to see a more dynamic method of selecting which template is used--I print both service invoices and product ones, and they generally have to provide rather different information. Maybe auto-selected by department, with a dropdown to change further.
Right now it is necessary to use different users to manage this.

Luke