Re: Evaluating Catalyst and other frameworks

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
>> On 09/03/2010 21:11, Chris Travers wrote:
>>> Hi all;
>>>
>>> I have spent some time looking at Catalyst to see what would be
>>> required to make LedgerSMB run according to current development
>>> approaches (close to the db, etc) and the result isn't easy.
>>> Basically, at a minimum, the following would need to be ported:

[...]

> Similarly, regarding sessions, these are not just flat representations
> of application session data.  These are fairly complex objects which
> interface with the web application and database in a variety of ways.
> Disclosure of session data is security critical and so it is one of
> the few tables which will probably long-term be "security-definer
> only" for access.

I take it from lack of response to my previous post that there is no
current consideration opf p2ee a base for a ne LSMB?

Anyway, regarding sessions, they are a beast created by using HTTP as
a transport protocol instead of what it was designed for: a transfer
protocol. In the p2ee framework we don't have a need for sessions are
everything is a resource that is self represented, in other words we
are purely REST. There are 3 types of resources: Application, Business
Element Resources (BER), and Business Process Resources. And, most
importantly, it's not just a wanna be concept, I have real working
apps, although they are alpha and none in production yet. Please let
me know if you want to explore this further.

Best,
Alejandro Imass