Re: Evaluating Catalyst and other frameworks

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I have spent some time looking at Catalyst to see what would be
> required to make LedgerSMB run according to current development
> approaches (close to the db, etc) and the result isn't easy.
> Basically, at a minimum, the following would need to be ported:
>
> 1)  Our model
> 2)  Authentication handlers and session handlers
> 3)  While HTML templates could use appropriate Catalyst classes,
> LaTeX-based views would need to be ported....  Similarly plaint text
> templates might or might not be able to be handled directly.
> 4)  Printing directly to a printer would require subclassing existing views....

Would this be an interesting time to look at a joint venture between
LedgerSMB and p2ee ? My Inventory module was due to release in
December but I paused it due mainly to stress. Most of the p2ee
general framework ideas are done and only needed tom complete the
first actual application. I would be glad to set-up a working
development environment or wait until I publish the Development
Virtual Box.