Re: Persistent connections to database?

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:13:35 -0600
Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:

Just thought I would ask if persistent connections or even connection pooling was possible under such a high load environment to at least mitigate that kind of situation.

To be frank that doesn't sound like a connection pool problem. I mean
how many connections is 30 orders creating?

It sounds more like a machine level issue (bad configuration of
postgresql, not enough IO/RAM etc..)

Josh,

That was my initial thought on the issue and I spent quite some time trying to run it down over the three days and didn't see where, how I could have misconfigured postgres. If you have more specific examples or a resource that is clearer/more specific than the documentation at postgresql.org, I'd be happy to do further research into the issue.

Charley