LedgerSMB 1.3.40 released, recommended upgrade

Hi everyone;

We've released LedgerSMB 1.3.40 and strongly recommend upgrading to this release at your convenience.  This release includes a couple of critical accounting fixes which may be important in some cases.

The first affects all versions of LedgerSMB back at least to 1.1 and affects cost of goods sold where units sold are not necessarily whole numbers.

The second fix involves sales tax calculations, and the fact that there was a variable scoping error which caused sales tax line items to be inadvertently rounded to whole currency before the tax was calculated.  In most cases this would only be a few cents per invoice, but in some rare circumstances, this could add up.  While we do not believe that the outcome is likely to be material in most cases, we do take this issue very seriously and sincerely apologize for it.  If anyone needs help evaluating the impact of the calculation rounding,  feel free to let me know and I will evaluate this for you, free of charge, free of charge.  We are hoping that as the rewrite continues we can avoid such problems in the future.  This issue has been documented in the release notes so customers have a document from us about the issue if there are any problems that result from it.

The complete changelog is below.  It may be downloaded at https://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/ledgersmb/1.3.40/

Changelog for 1.3.40
* Updated nginx configuration (Pongracz I)
* GL account search now will search within descriptions for matches (Chris T)
* Printing without an invoice number now errors instead of increments (Chris T)
* Fixed internal server error using cash/payment (Chris T)
* Fixed #1133 (FX rate changed after selecting part/service) (Pongracz I)
* Fixed #1078 (Don't populate all empty projects automatically) (Pongracz I)
* Fixed #1139 (Vendor can show up as default customer in sales order, confusing...) (Pongracz I)
* Fixed type mismatch between invoice.qty and invoice.allocated (Chris T)
* Fixed manual tax invoices not reversing properly (Chris T, 1134)
* Fixed duplicate entry in es_AR.po (Erik H)
* Fixed sales tax rounding error under certain circumstances (Chris T)

Chris T is Chris Travers
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Pongracz I is Pongracz Istvan

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more