PostgreSQL 9.0 released, notes about LedgerSMB compatibility

Hi all;

PostgreSQL 9.0 has been released.  This is a major upgrade which may
bring much better performance to LedgerSMB both as it is in production
and development branches.  However, it is also offers some
non-backwards-compatible changes to the way PL/PGSQL operates.  My
initial thinking is that 1.2 should run OK on it but the development
branch may not without further modification.  This is because 1.3
relies on affected areas much more than 1.2.  Currently all supported
production and development versions run on PostgreSQL 8.1 through 8.4.

However, this is just an initial assessment.   I expect to run some
tests over the next few weeks and iron out any bugs first in 1.2 then
in the development version.  Any others who are interested are welcome
to test and report problems.  However until we have an opportunity to
check this out I would not recommend production installations of
LedgerSMB be upgraded to 9.0 right away.  Please stay tuned for
further announcements.