Feature Freeze for 1.3 announced!

After a great deal of work we have reached feature freeze for 1.3.  This means that no more new-for-1.3 features will be added to the codebase for 1.3 unless they meet some limited criteria (such as needed features that were supported in 1.2, and oversights which lead to problems due to inconsistency).

I expect to get an early beta for 1.3 out this next week.  It is not expected that everything will work flawlessly as there are a couple of areas we are currently working on improving, but it will provide a solid entrance for the community testing of the 1.3 codebase.

Any questions should be directed at the -users or -devel email lists for subscribers of those lists and towards me for those who have not subscribed.